About Me

My photo
PB'S Six foot track - 4:09 March 08 3000m 9:50 - October 09 5000m 17:25 10k 36:03 - may 2009 1/2 marathon 79:56 marathon 2:54:56

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Muzza's memorial run

6am & was happy to be out there running for Muzza. We all stayed in a group until the first big hill. I ran with the front group...(well Bazza was long gone) but the rest of us stayed together for quite awhile. I was feeling tight but pretty good until 45min into the run. Thats when I noticed the tightness getting tighter. Just had to back off every now & again. Stayed then same until 1hr 17min then it went through this next stage of tightness. I slowed down some more. It was great to have some people set up some drink & lollie stops for us. By Matcham I was just plodding along running the rest of the way on my own. Finished in 1hr55min
Decided 8am was a bit too early for a beer...hahaha
After the run I went to the gym for some stretching & spent 30min in the sauna. That loosened my hammie up heaps

Felt really flat for the rest of the day. Went to the pool about 1pm thinking I might get 2km of swimming done but after 250m I'd had enough!

Right now as I'm writing this at 7:30pm my hammie doesn't feel too bad. It's recovering well so thats a good sign. Last Sunday I ran 20.5km in 2hrs so to do 21km in 1:55 is good. Also to have no extra tightness after running the time trial yesterday is also good

No comments: