About Me

My photo
PB'S Six foot track - 4:09 March 08 3000m 9:50 - October 09 5000m 17:25 10k 36:03 - may 2009 1/2 marathon 79:56 marathon 2:54:56

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Tues...speed run, easy run rehab and swimming

So it seems I do have peroneus longus pain on the right leg. Always seems to be something.
Not stopping me from training though...well not yet anyway. I'm hoping it will be like a lot of injuries I get where I can manage it and keep my training up.

So today I got up and 15min later at 5:30am I'm out the door and off running. After the first few steps I notice pain straight away so I stop access the situation then get back into it. Only quite sore for the first few steps then feels ok. I do know it's there through the whole run but seems to be manageable.

So this mornings run I do 8 or 9 4min hard with 1min recovery on a 11km circuit. Stopped a couple of times just to stretch out my hip and quickly massage my peroneus and calf.

A little bit later I have physio but do my second run just before. 10km in 47min. I then explain where I'm feeling the discomfort.

Next stop after physio is off to get acupuncture done. 10-15 needles stuck in my peroneals, butt and back. I notice the difference straight away.

Next stop I'm off for a 2km swim then its off for food and now here I am :-)  

No comments: