About Me

My photo
PB'S Six foot track - 4:09 March 08 3000m 9:50 - October 09 5000m 17:25 10k 36:03 - may 2009 1/2 marathon 79:56 marathon 2:54:56

Monday, August 10, 2009

Sunday City to Surf PB!

Got up about 5am & had a couple of slices of toast & coffee at 5:45am. Got Dad to drop me off at the pub to catch the bus at 6am. It was running about 15min late. Got to the city around 8:50am & that suited me fine as I didn't want to wait around for hours. It was bloody freezing in the city. Made my way to the domain where I had about a 2.5k warmup. Quick trip to the toilets & went over to the start. Got there with 10min to go. Felt like I ran the perfect race this year. Had a good run down William st & held myself back from going too hard down that hill. Felt fine going up the first hill at Edgecliff. That hill normally kills me. Got to 3km in 10:28 & that's where I passed Ian. Always find it hard on that flat bit between Rose Bay & heart break hill. I just stuck behind some runners that I've seen in some funruns who always manage to beat me. (not this one though!) Slowed a bit up Heart break hill but was still feeling quite good. Didn't want to go any faster thinking I might blow up if I do. Next thing I know we are at the top & going past the 10km mark. Went through that in 37:59 by my watch.
Got to the end in 52:16 by my watch so will be interesting to see what my official time was.
After the race I went for about an 8km run easy in 42min.
Then it was a 6 pack of extra dry & a BBQ.
Fantastic day!

1 comment:

Terrigal Trotter said...

Congrats Bear,
Looks like you got the pace judgement perfect this time and all the hill & speedwork's paying off.