About Me

My photo
PB'S Six foot track - 4:09 March 08 3000m 9:50 - October 09 5000m 17:25 10k 36:03 - may 2009 1/2 marathon 79:56 marathon 2:54:56

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Orchard run 32km

Got out there at Palmdale around 6:30am. Felt pretty good so thought I'd go moderate to hard & see how I go. Got to the roundabout in 32min feeling good. Intersection in 49min still feeling good. Got to the tar road in 1:14:14. Bit buggered but still felt good. Back to the intersection in in 1:38. Roundabout 1:53 & back to the car in 2:22:02. Only thing I've noticed is a tight achy left achillies. It doesn't hurt to touch or walk on or run on but just feels tight. I'll have to watch that. But you have to expect that after running that distance at that pace
Saw chops riding with some other guys on the down hill coming back to the finish.
Barry must have been & gone by the time I got back. Saw margaret about 20min after I finished. She went to the intersection & back which is what baz would've done. They left at 7am

After the run I headed out to Mingara pool & swam 40laps (2km)

Spent the rest of the day taking it easy on my achillies.
Last week hamstrings...this week achillies.....does it ever stop???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good run bear, I'd like to tag along on one of your Orchard runs, we might be able to push ourselves, your time is 3 min quicker than what I have managed though.

Really want to nail that run before 6ft comes around and feel strong the whole way.

I'm keen to try a reverse Orchard one day also.

Mick