About Me

My photo
PB'S Six foot track - 4:09 March 08 3000m 9:50 - October 09 5000m 17:25 10k 36:03 - may 2009 1/2 marathon 79:56 marathon 2:54:56

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Got an ouch!

Well still went for a run this morning. Felt good for most of the run. Ran a few hills heading out towards hastings. Ran that hill then running on the flat about 25min into the run my achillies was getting tight. Decided to jog on home. Done about 8km all up.

After resting it all day I headed out for the speed work session & thought I'd go for a 20min warmup & take it from there. I ran about 4km for that & felt good then we did 500m. I only did 2 of them. (1:32 & 1:34) I had no pain when running hard but after that second one it was tender going up onto my toes. I thought that would do me. I'm not mucking around with an achilles pain. I don't think it's injured yet but if I keep going it will be. I've had this before & has taken a few days to 6weeks to heal. The 6 weeks one was pretty bad & that was about a yr after I started running.
Hoping it will be good after resting it this week. I'm going to take tomorrow & thursday off running even if it's not sore. I'll do cycle classes & swimming instead.
If all goes good I'm hoping by Friday or Sat to be good again & able to do the 1/2 marathon on Sunday. If it's not good then I'm not too bothered if I don't do the 1/2.

No comments: