About Me

My photo
PB'S Six foot track - 4:09 March 08 3000m 9:50 - October 09 5000m 17:25 10k 36:03 - may 2009 1/2 marathon 79:56 marathon 2:54:56

Saturday, May 30, 2009

From bad run to good run!

Not much sleep last night as I went to bed pretty late. Got up at 5am & had a bit of toast & coffee. Got ready for the trotters 10k flat timetrial. Again drove down as it was on & off rain & I wanted warm dry clothes to get into after.
Went too hard in the first km. If I went about 10sec slower I would've been ok. Not sure of the time for that k as I had no watch on. Decided to just back off a little. Got to 3k and started to feel that coffee coming back up. Again slowed some more. By the turn around I was just starting to feel a bit better. Just ran steady now until the last k when I just picked the pace slightly. Crossed the line & I heard Jackie yell out 39.05. Pretty much went to the toilet as I thought I was going to spew...but all good. Made my way back running easy in the rain.
Went home had a long hot shower then a 90min sleep.

At 12pm I picked up Shane & we made our way down to Miranda. Lot's of traffic. Took 2hrs.
Our race started at 3pm. I was entered in the 35+ A to do the 2nd leg & the open B to do the 4th leg.
Tim Rowe was the first runner in the first leg in just over 12min! Man he was flying. Mark Warren was about 3rd or 4th in about 12.20. I waited for Paul Arthur to finish in about 13.30 then I was off. Mud mud & mud. The whole 4k was just soft mud. I saw shoes stuck in the mud that had come off people's feet! Mine almost did. This course was 2 laps of a 2km loop zigzaging all over the place. The guy's who went off in the first leg had mud from shoes to face!
I finished in 15;40ish. There was no way you could do a fast time out there.

I then quickly had to get ready for the 4th leg in the opens. The open's & 35+ were all in the same race. This time it was much tougher. The ground was more muddier from the other runners. I finished this leg in 16:45. My shoes were about 2kg heavier each by the end.

Great day. Love these races

No comments: