About Me

My photo
PB'S Six foot track - 4:09 March 08 3000m 9:50 - October 09 5000m 17:25 10k 36:03 - may 2009 1/2 marathon 79:56 marathon 2:54:56

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Big Sat

Got up early for trotters. It was the 15.6km Matcham run. This wasn't a problem as I woke up around 4:30am & couldn't get back to sleep. Felt quite awake.
Decided to drive the 700m to trotters so I could have some warm clothes to get into after the run.
After a quick trip to the toilet I came out & saw all the trotters were already half way up the hill.
I went a bit quick at the start & when I caught up to the front runners I relaxed a bit. Ran with Adam Cartmell & Ian templett untill Matcham then ran with Adam until the down hill into Terrigal drive. He backed off. I think It took about 1hr5min all up but not to sure.

At 11:30am I went to the runners shop & picked Charlie up & we made our way up to Richmond Vale railway. This was just south of KuriKuri. The race started at 2pm
I did the 9.3km & Charlie did the 6km. This is the most muddiest slippery x-country course I've ever done in my life!!! The race was graded & I went with 2 other runners 23:46 after the gun went. All was great for the first km then the puddles started. Then more puddles & more & more & more. Some were waist deep! I went over in the puddles 4 times. I think most people went 3 to 4 times.
Anyway finished the thing but don't know my time yet. I'm thinking it was 37min-38min. Def not a course to do a pb on!

Tomorrow I'm picking Charlie up early (5:15am) & we are making our way out to Eastern ck for the Blacktown 10km fun run

No comments: