About Me

My photo
PB'S Six foot track - 4:09 March 08 3000m 9:50 - October 09 5000m 17:25 10k 36:03 - may 2009 1/2 marathon 79:56 marathon 2:54:56

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Canberra half

Got up just before 6am & made my way to McDonalds for some hotcakes & coffee. Got to the start of the race early about 7:30am & filled in time walking around & taking photos. The morning was magic! About 1deg with some frost no wind & no clouds. It was perfect for running.
Went for around 3k for a warmup. I just ran at a comfortable pace for the whole way. I had no watch so had no idea what sort of pace I was doing.
Got through the first 7k & thought I'm feeling good. Just got to do this 2 more times & I'm done. Went through 1/2 way still feeling strong but didn't want to push too much harder. I've blown up doing that before. After 12km I started to count down the km's to go. Only 9km to go, only 8 to go, 7 to go. I then picked up the pace & held it in the last 7km. I could see this guy about 300m in front of me with 4km to go & made it my goal to beat him. Every km I could see I was getting closer. I passed min just before the 21km mark & sprinted the last 100m. Looked up at the clock & it said 1:22:43. Happy with that time. Was hoping to go under 1:24.
I saw James on the massage so I jumped on & got him to give my very tight left glute a massage....ouch!
I then went for a 5km easy jog.
After all of that I made my way back to Terrigal
Great weekend!!

No comments: