About Me

My photo
PB'S Six foot track - 4:09 March 08 3000m 9:50 - October 09 5000m 17:25 10k 36:03 - may 2009 1/2 marathon 79:56 marathon 2:54:56

Saturday, January 01, 2011

Beyond the black stump

Hot out there today. I didn't want to push myself too hard so just cruised along at a moderate pace. Got to the ferry just as it was arriving. Good to have a little break on it. The climb out wasn't too bad & I ran with some other guy for a few km's. It was the rocky down hill bit to the castle where I just walked & let everyone pass. I didn't want to smash my legs or twist an ankle with Narrabeen only next week. I stopped and took some pic's at the castle then made my way back up the hill. Found that all good. Got to the road going back to the ferry and ran this bit hard hoping I would make it before the ferry left. Think I missed it by about 2min so had to wait for it. Lost about 7min there but I wasn't at all bothered. The next climb just killed me! Here i am trying not to smash my legs so I slowed down getting up this friggin mountain! By now the sun was blaring right on me & started to feel sick. No idea how long it took to get to the top but felt like ages. There was an esky full of ice & soft drink at the top. I stopped here for about 5 or 6min and chatted to nat, Mick & neil. I then got going again. Felt good again. Got to the road section and there was Darrell with an icypole! That was GOLD! Bit further along some lady hosed me down & I felt back to normal again. Just cruised to the finish feeling good. Very tired but felt good. Took 3hrs32min for this run

No comments: