About Me

My photo
PB'S Six foot track - 4:09 March 08 3000m 9:50 - October 09 5000m 17:25 10k 36:03 - may 2009 1/2 marathon 79:56 marathon 2:54:56

Sunday, January 09, 2011

Narrabeen All Nighter!...12hrs tough hrs

Well home after a friggin tough race! Running on flat bike bath/concrete for 12hrs really smashes the shit out of every muscle you have in your body!
Ok no hope on getting the record for me. I have respect for that run.
We got down to Narrabeen about 4pm with a blue sky. We pitched up 3 tents for the family.
I had Charlie & Jono crewing for me but my girls were such great helpers.
We got racing right on 8pm. Plan was to go out at a comfortable pace but faster than I knew I could hold. For the first 20k I was doing in the 15min for the 3.333km laps. Then noticed I started to slow but just kept at a comfortable hard pace.
I really don't know what my splits were after 40k but kept them around 20min. Some were 24min and some were 19min.
I found the tin spaghetti worked like gold! Weather was a mixture of dry & heavy down pours.
I managed to do the whole run without walking except for going through the food stops.
Found it quite amazing that my 2 youngest girls still awake and helping out at 4:30am!
I went through alot of bad patches and good ones. On the bad ones I slowed right down and the good ones I picked the pace up.
After 50k my right calf was almost at the cramping stage. Kept it at bay with salt tablets. The no doze kept me going too.
Had a really great bit at the 100k and that last for about 1 lap then pretty much went 1lap bad next lap good until that last 50min when we ran 500m out then turned around. Tried to keep strong but then last 30min was just PAINFUL!
So in the end I got 2nd place in 123.9k.
Right now my legs are aching, in fact right now I'm aching from the sole of the foot to my eye balls.
Now thats out of the way bring on six foot :)

No comments: