About Me

My photo
PB'S Six foot track - 4:09 March 08 3000m 9:50 - October 09 5000m 17:25 10k 36:03 - may 2009 1/2 marathon 79:56 marathon 2:54:56

Sunday, January 02, 2011

Around the Bay

So early this run! Alarm had the nerve to wake me up at 4am. Other than my left quad being sore I felt ok. Would've liked to keeped on sleeping but I know I'd have the shits with myself later on. So got up and made my way to Gosford pool. Not too sure how many runners turned up but there were a quite a bit. Again like yesterday I didn't want to push my legs too hard.
I just run easy staying back with Sharon for a bit, then slowly made my way up to James Moran & Steve Guest. A bit further along I caught Adrian & Wayne then was on my own. Coming down the hill into Kincumber Adrian came flying past me. A man on some kind of mission. Tempting to go with him but I kept back. Wayne then caught back up to me but soon faded. Coming to Frost reserve in 48min I stopped for about 1min to have some coke. I was now on my own for just about the whole run. I could see some other runners ahead every so often but they were about 2min away. Got to the bridge at WoyWoy in 2hrs5min and still flt in good shape so I set myself a goal to finish in under 3hrs. The next runner I caught was Thomas at Point Claire. We ran together for a bit but he to soon faded. My feet were starting to hurt on the last 4k and wanted to change my shoes but other than that i felt quite strong.
Finished in 2hrs57min58sec by my watch but I guess they will get me down at 2hrs58min
Legs got quite sore when I stopped but while I was running I felt good
After some breakfast & a couple of hours rest I went to the gym to use the foam roller and roll out my left quad and get in the steamroom which has helped alot

2 comments:

brett said...

great run and after backing up from the black stump, you must be in awesome shape

bear said...

thanks Brett, feel in good shape, just want to get my legs fresh for Sat night for Narrabeen 12hr