About Me

My photo
PB'S Six foot track - 4:09 March 08 3000m 9:50 - October 09 5000m 17:25 10k 36:03 - may 2009 1/2 marathon 79:56 marathon 2:54:56

Sunday, December 19, 2010

long long 69km run



Big run today

Had to work in Sydney last night and didn't get home until 11:45pm and got to bed about 12:30am. So it was tough to get up at 5ish to do this run
This is my last long run before Narrabeen and wanted to do around 5:20km pace.

Got running about 6:15am from Terrigal surf club. Wasn't too sure what pace I was running but felt good. Got to The Entrance in 80min but my left toe was rubbing on my shoe. Decided to go to coles & see if they had blister blocks. No luck so I bought advanced healing band aids. Worst $7 I've spent! Didn't do a thing. Decided to just run and hope it doesn't get to painful. The pain just went away after a while so that was good. Was still feeling great until about 35k and then noticed thing getting heavy. I walked every hour for about 1min and was drinking every 20min and eating jelly beans every 2hrs. By the time I got to Wyong about 46km I started to drink every 10min and do 1min walking every 30 or 40min. Stopped at a servo about 50k and with my last $3 bout a 600ml bottle of coke. Next stage of hardness came about 60k. Just plodded along until the end!

Finished 69km in 6hrs12min (5:23km pace) really really happy with it.
As soon as I stopped I found it hard to move. Took 10min to get my shoes off & WOW! Blood all over my socks & foot. 20min later I limped to the beach to stand in the cold water for 10min then limped back to the car. Legs were just aching but that to be expected.

A bit later I went to the gym just to use the steamroom

So that a good training day I reckon. Will run again hoping by Thurs. I'll only run when I feel I can

No injury pain in legs as write this just tired legs

No comments: