About Me

My photo
PB'S Six foot track - 4:09 March 08 3000m 9:50 - October 09 5000m 17:25 10k 36:03 - may 2009 1/2 marathon 79:56 marathon 2:54:56

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

2010....from no running to ultra running

Just a look back at 2010 and my running has gone from nothing to ALOT! It feels great to be finishing the year with no injuries (just niggles) and I'm pretty happy how the year has turned out. So a bit of a run down

January - Started off with no running at all for the first 2 weeks. I'd had 22days of total rest as I stopped running back in December. I then managed to do a few 1km run on the t'mill. I then took up cycling and swimming. Started to do some 60km rides and swimming about 3k.
Around the last week of Jan I was starting to run slowly on the t'mill up 10km and also managed a 57min 10k outdoors. On the last Sat I did trotters 10k time trial in 48min but still feeling pain.

February - I bought a bike of a friend & started to do some longer rides of around 150km. Was keeping up the running but very very slow. Also was improving in the swimming.

March - This month was a mixture. Lot's of downs! Had a subluxation on my right shoulder in the pool doing a tumble turn. Then Did my first ocean race at Caves Beach. 1.5km. Loved it! 3 days later my right shoulder fully dislocated. End of the month I was running 10k a few days a week but still getting hammie pain

April - I started to get into running this month. Did Novice xc in 39:45 so back to sub 4min pace. Injury was still there but could run with it. Also went to Stawell gift with Jono, Rach, Charlie & Josh and was starting to do slow long runs again. Pain was always there after long runs

May - This is the month I started to get back into running again!!!!
Started off State 10k in 38min. Did SMC 10k in 37min and that was the first sign of no pain before or after running. Also did Miranda xc relays in the mud. All were good runs and was great to be racing again.

June - This month was just spent maintaining my running. Back to long runs and raced bay to bay in 46min (my slowest time). I also paced Suzy in the Woodford to Glenbrook run in just over 2hrs

July - This is when all the big long races all started to happen. Running good now. Still feel hammies but can now run through it and even race through it.
Start of the month I paced Nat to 3:21 marathon at Gold Coast. I felt great in that & decided to have a go at Hunter Valley marathon 2 weeks later. Finished that in 3:01 in 3rd place. Then decided to do Bush Capital 60k in Canberra 2 weeks later. This was the longest I've ever run. Finished in 5hrs8min in 3rd place


August - I decided now to enter GNW100km in November. August started off with the city to surf which I finished in 53:30. The following week I ran with Nat & Buzz & Rob on the 12ft track. 90km. Did a few local xc races as well. Ended with Lake Maquarie 1/2 marathon in 81min

September - I started off sept with Central coast 10k & 1hrs champs. 10k was in 36:48 and went on to do the 1hr in 15.643k
Next was Cooronbong with a hangover. 38min for that one. And other weekends were spent on the GNW course doing 50km plus runs.

October - Not much this month. Had groin pain but just kept up GNW training.

November - GNW100k done. 14hrs37min and 4th place. Also did terrigal trotters 10k 2 weeks later and finished in 39min in 1st spot. Rest of month was just recovering


December - End of the year. Entered Narrabeen allnight in Jan, Six foot track in March & TN100k in May. Also join AURA. Just getting back into running again still fighting groin pain that I got a couple of month ago. Mainly doing long Sunday runs. Last one was a 69km last Sunday. Now only 2weeks until the end of the yr & 3 weeks until Narrabeen I'm taking it easy

No comments: