About Me

My photo
PB'S Six foot track - 4:09 March 08 3000m 9:50 - October 09 5000m 17:25 10k 36:03 - may 2009 1/2 marathon 79:56 marathon 2:54:56

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Megalong!

Had a great sleep.. Woke around 5am & packed the tent up had some cornflakes & headed out to find this place. I love this area!
Must have got there around 6:20 or so.. Saw a few others that I knew not long after.
I wasn't too sure how I would go. I felt great in the legs & that was a shock after doing the 5000m the day before.
I was just hoping to go out easy then pick it up. I was sticking with a bunch of around 7 others then the next thing I knew I was leading. I think I caught the others at the cox's river. I just went straight in.....I love that part! Now I didn't take any water with me so it was great to cool down. Got to the drinks in around 1:57 but had trouble tring to figure out how to connect the tap on it. Found a spout, put that on it...then somehow got it down my gob! Grabed some snakes & jelly beans & headed back.
Man you can get some speed going down those hills!
All going great untill I got over the cox's river then it seemed to get bloody steep......& long!

Still finished back in one piece. My time said 3:43:06

Might have a beer now:)

146.5k run this week

No comments: