About Me

My photo
PB'S Six foot track - 4:09 March 08 3000m 9:50 - October 09 5000m 17:25 10k 36:03 - may 2009 1/2 marathon 79:56 marathon 2:54:56

Sunday, February 10, 2008

great weekend away!

These are the weekend I live for! How good is it to travel away with a great bunch of likeminded people & just do what you love!
Well Sat started off by running totters. Ran that quite easy. It was close 14k in that, then around 8am Kerry picked me up & off to Temora we go. In the back seat was Charlie & Josh. We were staying at Young & got there around 1ish (I think). After a bit of a swim we headed out to Temora. We went in the 5km & 1km race. The 5k was off scratch & the 1k was hcp. In the 5k which was the 1st event at around 5:45pm. Well Josh took it out, Charlie came 2nd & I got 3rd. I managed to win $80 for that effort. Josh got $300 & Charlie got $100. It was really a walk over!
After the 2nd lap we were laping people. I really struggled with the breathing. Dont know why but it has happened before....just one of those things.
We were also entered in the 300m....well bugger if I'm gonna race that. We all pulled out of that so the next race was the 1k hcp at close to 8pm. Josh had 34m start, Charlie had 82m start & I had 125m start. There were some other guys who had 200m start. Anyway Josh came 4th, Charlie 5th & the little bugger beat me by around 2 meters & I came 6th. Took home $10 for that effort. All up I made $90 which pretty much paid for the weekend so happy with that!
On our way back to Young we stopped by the yummy Kebab & pizza Shop. Late night running ment late night dinner. Well that was is another story but by the time we left there was pizza all over the place!
28k all up for Saturday

Now that was Saturday....Sunday (today) I woke around 6am & went off for a long 2.5hrs run aroung Young. Josh & Charlie joined me for aound 40min then they headed back to the cabin. I think they did an hour all up. I on the other hand saw almost every bit of Young in the 2.5hrs I was out there. I ran on road, trails, flat & long hills. Loved it all! Got chased by dogs & almost kicked one. There was this MONSTER BLOODY DOG tied to this tin shed & I SHIT MYSELF! I thought he was gonna take the shed down & slaughter me! Anyway all good I made it back alive. Reckon I got just under 30k in run.

After a shower & a feed we headed back to the Central coast. (we had to stop at bakers delight!)

So there you go.....great weekend away

140km ran this week & only 4 weeks until 6ft!

No comments: