About Me

My photo
PB'S Six foot track - 4:09 March 08 3000m 9:50 - October 09 5000m 17:25 10k 36:03 - may 2009 1/2 marathon 79:56 marathon 2:54:56

Sunday, February 17, 2008

3 weeks today to go!

Getting exciting!

It's only 3 weeks till the big race. I'll start to taper after today.
Did a couple of runs today
1st was at 6am at Palmdale. I wanted to run the orchard run all the way to the tar road & back (very hilly 32k) in under 2.5hrs.
I set out with 2 gels & just went a good pace. I got to the bottom of the hill in 9min then to the top in close to 15min. To the roundabout in 34min. I saw Darrel & Kath there & slowly ran up to them. They didn't hear me coming & I scared the SHIT out of them!....that was pretty funny!...sorry guys! hehehe. I left one of the gels at the roundabout for my return trip. Got to the intersection in 52min on the dot & at the tar road in 1:17.
Turned around & started to head back. Passed Darrel & Kath about 10min on my way back & then saw a couple of other runners not long after. Was back at the intersection around 1:42 then a bit further along I saw barry Willis. Then Matt Robbie...(he had been running from Erina! I thought I was mad!) He would be running close to 60k by the time he got home. A bit further along saw Marg. Got back in 2:25:58. So was really happy I got under 2:30! I felt really good at the end. Muscles were feeling good & had heaps of energy left!

A couple of hours later I ran an easy 10k & did a cycle class.
Not sure why but I feel like I have all this energy. See guy's energy make energy. I reckon I'll be a bit tired tomorrow though I as I don't run on Mondays.


Well I've managed to survive the hardest past of the training for this race.
The next 3 weeks I'll start to cut back on the km's & taper to get the legs fresh.

I'm am really looking forward to this race & know I'll reach my goal of sub 4:10. Thats my plan b time goal. Plan A I would really like to do sub 4hrs. Let's see what happens!

180km run this week

No comments: