About Me

My photo
PB'S Six foot track - 4:09 March 08 3000m 9:50 - October 09 5000m 17:25 10k 36:03 - may 2009 1/2 marathon 79:56 marathon 2:54:56

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Tuesday...Brisbane AM......Auckland PM

An Island half way between Australia & NZ. Looks pretty cool!

The spare doona in the cupboard in the room we had in Auckland!




Motel in Clayfield Brisbane



This was our accom in Gold Coast


Our rental beast in NZ




Today I got up early and went for a run in Brisbane before the flight. Now it wasn't hard to get up. I was out running at 5:20am & the sun was so bright. You would think it was bloody lunchtime!
We then made our way to the Airport. On the plane a couple of hours later....a few more hours we are in Auckland. The first thing I notice about this place is how green it is. I've never seen green that bright before!
We get through customs in about 45min then on the bus to the city. A short walk we made to our room. This place was cheap & I now know why!
Let's just say it's not the Hilton!
I then go for another run. This time 10k. I ran to the Harbour, around Victoria park then noticed a big group of runners. I go join them then notice I'm running in a 5k race! I get outa there and head back to the motel.
We then head out to the city to find a bite to eat. I get this greasy hamburger. It was the most yuckiest thing I've put in my gut for a long time. It was a burger called the "big boy's burger" from their hamburger place called wendy's. Our wendy's sell ice cream. This place is 10 times more greasy than Hungry Jacks. My gut's didn't enjoy it one bit.
Well that's a run down on my first night in Auckland.
Tomorrow we hire a car and going to The bay of Islands.

Cant wait!

No comments: