About Me

My photo
PB'S Six foot track - 4:09 March 08 3000m 9:50 - October 09 5000m 17:25 10k 36:03 - may 2009 1/2 marathon 79:56 marathon 2:54:56

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wednesday & that damn shoulder!

All I managed to do was quite a big ocean swim. 54min into a 60min swim out at Terrigal (haven end) my right shoulder decided to dislocate AGAIN! I was stuck out there in my wetsuit & no other swimmers around at the time. I tried to pop it back in while I was out there but it wouldn't budge. I very slowly made my way back to the haven beach tring to pop it back in on the way. God damn painful I was screaming in some stages. Took about 10min to get into shore & straight away these other swimmers came to my aid. They heard me screaming but since I didn't answer they thought I must've been ok. I got them to get my phone out of my car & I rang Dad. He came & we were about to leave for the hospital but after going over the first speed hump I told him to rings the ambo's. The pain was intense!
The paramedic got there in about 10min & I didn't have to get taken to hospital. He just gave me the green whistle thing to take the pain away but that didn't work so he gave me a shot of morphine.
Another off duty ambo was walking his dog & stopped to give him a hand. They had to lie me down on the bench, move my arm this way & that way then it slid back in there.
One of the most painful things I've gone through in a long long long time!
Have decided to get surgery on it to fix it for good.
Went to dr's then went for x-ray which I pick up tomorrow. In a couple of weeks I get ultrasound on it then see a specalist then go on the waiting list for surgery. It's going to take some time befor I get it done so I guess I'll just have to lay off the swimming until then. No way in hell I'm risking going through that again.
Good news is my leg injury feels great today. This force rest will do it wonders I think

No comments: