About Me

My photo
PB'S Six foot track - 4:09 March 08 3000m 9:50 - October 09 5000m 17:25 10k 36:03 - may 2009 1/2 marathon 79:56 marathon 2:54:56

Sunday, March 07, 2010

OMG! I did an ocean race!!!!

After getting home about 11pm last night from driving back from Canberra & doing 9 massages there yesterday I wasn't too sure if I'd be up for this race. Alarm woke me up at 6am & 10min later I stumbled out of bed. Thought yep! lets do this bloody thing! The race started at 10am so just after 7am I left home & headed to Caves Beach. Got there about 8am and paid my $40 to swim 1.5km.
Took my bike with me & went for a 15min ride to warmup my muscles then made the walk from Caves Beach to Spoon bay in bare foot, swimmers & holding my goggles & my green swim cap. Bit different than my normal attire that I'm use to for races. Got to the start about 9:40am & had a bit of a swim to get use to the water. It was pretty warm but the surf was rough. At 10:12am we lined up on the beach for a sprint to the water. Then it was puch & shove, getting kicked in the head, punching people & all sorts of fun stuff. Was kinda feeling sea sick midway through. Looked at my watch & I'd been swimming 8min. I had no idea where the hell I was I just could see swimmers to my left & swimmers to my right so I figure I was heading in the right direction. People were starting to pass me but I just kept in my own rythem.
Next thing I could see we were heading into the beach & was pretty happy about that!
Got near the shore then had to run/sprint to the finish line. What a strange feeling after all that swimming to get out & run! I feel over, got back up & crossed that line in 31min.
Just happy to ha ve done it!!! yay!!!
I then got on my bike & rode 45min

I really loved the feeling of racing again. Even though I'm not a fast swimmer & have no hope of getting my age place as I do alot with running it felt great out there. I'm ready for another one!

No comments: