About Me

My photo
PB'S Six foot track - 4:09 March 08 3000m 9:50 - October 09 5000m 17:25 10k 36:03 - may 2009 1/2 marathon 79:56 marathon 2:54:56

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Tuesday & a slow 3000m!

What a day! Bad lack day.....I wonder if it should be a fri 13th!
Got a pretty bad blister on my left foot from Sat. I decided to run on the t'mill so if it got too sore I could just stop. It was not too bad but could feel it. I got to about 8k on the t'mill & my foot hit the side of the t'mill & I went flying off! Landed on my left side & my hand was on the t'mill belt which was going 13.5k/hr. Burned & ripped the skin off my wrist & burnt my knee, hip & shoulder. Got back up & finished the last 2km.

Then tonight which was race night I just felt tired & crap. We had a stong headwind as well. I just struggled the whole way! First km was 3:25 then next one was 7:08 & 3rd & last was 10:45. I was running with Jess for most of the race. Blister stopped me from doing a good warmup & did a 1lap barefoot warmdown.
I'm going to take Wed, Thurs & Fri off running & just do cycle classes. Hoping the blister will dry & scab by Sat. Am using alcohol wipes to help dry it up & wearing no shoes except for the cycle classes. Also my foot doesn't move in the cycle class so it stops the friction.
Mainly just want to do this mile hcp pro race in QBN on Sat & win some money. If I'm feeling ok I'll do the 1/2 on Sunday. Other than that I don't mind having a couple of weeks rest in December

No comments: