About Me

My photo
PB'S Six foot track - 4:09 March 08 3000m 9:50 - October 09 5000m 17:25 10k 36:03 - may 2009 1/2 marathon 79:56 marathon 2:54:56

Sunday, January 04, 2009

round the bloody bay!

Early long run today! This is my 3rd round the bay. Went much slower than last yr. I think I did 2:48 last yr....this yr finished in 2:57.
The aim of the game today was to just go out kinda hardish but to feel good. Now since I've only been back running for 2 or 3 weeks & since the longest run I've done was 20km (& that was a hard slog!) I was really happy with this effort.
Just stayed behind Sharon until about 8 or 9k. Then just kept her about 50m behind me. I stopped for 15 or 30 seconds at each drink stop...this is a low key run for me! By the 4th drink stop she caught up to me...(she wasn't stopping at the drink stops) Anyway caught her again & she must have dropped out. Really only starting to feel it at the grass area in woywoy. Was now feeling the effects of no long runs under the legs.
Dave caught me at the bridge in WoyWoy & Wayne not long after.
Got to the end in 4th place & rapt to get under 3hrs with no injury pain in the run. At the moment i'm sitting writing this with a pkt of frozen vegies on my hamstring & butt!
Had a bit of a swim at the end

1 comment:

chops said...

nice work buddy... hope you work that hammy out soon..i cant not have ya in my spin classes.:)