About Me

My photo
PB'S Six foot track - 4:09 March 08 3000m 9:50 - October 09 5000m 17:25 10k 36:03 - may 2009 1/2 marathon 79:56 marathon 2:54:56

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sat run 4 smile fun run

This race started just after 10am. I didn't run trotters as I wanted my legs to be fresh. Only did a couple of km's warmup. This course started off by running downhill then flat then about 3k up hill then down again. That's the 5km then to do the 10k I had to do it all again!
As soon as we got going it was 3 of us runners in front. I didn't know if the other 2 were in the 10k or the 5k as we all had the same color bibs on. They got away on me on the first hill but I wasn't too far behind. By the next real steep section I caught the guy in 2nd but couldn't get the guy in front. It happened to be he was doing the 5k so that ment I was now in front. I had no idea where the next runner was behind me as I couldn't see him. I just hoped I wouldn't slow too much on the second lap going up the hills again. I knew I was going to win with about 1km to go as it was all down hill from here & I couldn't see him anywhere. I finished in 37:32 about 1min in front of second.
Did a couple of km's warmdown

No comments: