About Me

My photo
PB'S Six foot track - 4:09 March 08 3000m 9:50 - October 09 5000m 17:25 10k 36:03 - may 2009 1/2 marathon 79:56 marathon 2:54:56

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

R.I.P Kerry Anderson

Sad loss of runners shop owner, Creator of the central coast cross country & 6@6 (our weekly Wednesday night run/race/time trial) & many other thing in the running community.



I found out about our loss of Kerry at 12:30am this morning when I got a phone call from Charlie. It was the most saddest news I've think I've ever had. I was up in the hospital only 4hrs earlier visiting him.



I managed to fall back to sleep around 2am but woke again about 6ish. Got up & just did a very slow 10k jog to the Tumbi roundabout & back home. I had the day off work so decided to make my way to Mingara pool & swam 2k.

Tonight was time for another 6@6
Happy with this. Was hoping to go under 23min
Laps were 4:13, 4:29, 4:39, 4:39 & 4:37.
22:37

2 comments:

plu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
plu said...

Thanks for the update even though it is sad news. I drove by the shop this week and saw a few people in there and was wondering how he was going. I have being buying shoes off Kerry since the 1980s when he would come to fun runs in Sydney and sell shoes out of the back of his car.

I was in the shop one January spending some time talking to him and an elderly couple came in. They were there for him as he was there for them.

He had the ability to look after some good runners. I remember he arrived at Cherrybrook 12km in 2004 with a young Matt Robbie who blitzed the field.

cheers Plu