About Me

My photo
PB'S Six foot track - 4:09 March 08 3000m 9:50 - October 09 5000m 17:25 10k 36:03 - may 2009 1/2 marathon 79:56 marathon 2:54:56

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Hunter Valley 1/2

Got up at 4:50am. Had some toast & coffee then fussed around untill Dave & Sharon picked me up about 5:30am. Greame Ridley came with us as well. My legs were quite stiff when I got up. This is from yesterday. We got out there just before 7am & sat in the car staying warm for around 20 or 30min.
I had about 4k warmup & was feeling better in the legs at the start. By the first k they were tired again & I kinda knew it wasn't going to be as fast as last yr (83:30). By 4k my right leg started to get that lactate feeling. The big hill just after the 4k mark was TOUGH! I remember seeing Carl getting to the top of it (I was about 50m or 70m behind him) & I was thinking that lucky man is already there, I've still got to slog up this thing.
Started the down hills & was picking up my speed again & my legs were just starting to come good. Got to the turn around at 12km then it was wind & hills for 5 or 6k. By 18k I thought bugger it this is going to be much slower than I hoped. Finished about 9th place in 86:06 by my watch. Slowest half for the yr. I know I did 2 87min halves on much easier courses last yr so hoping thats my slow half out of the way!

When I got back home I went off to Mingara pool & swam 2k. Legs felt great after this. Might have to do more regular swimming

No comments: