About Me

My photo
PB'S Six foot track - 4:09 March 08 3000m 9:50 - October 09 5000m 17:25 10k 36:03 - may 2009 1/2 marathon 79:56 marathon 2:54:56

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Sundays long ride.

Got up and noticed it was a stunning blue sky day. Walking outside to feel how cold it was and it didn't seem too bad so I put on a skins top, arm warmers and a cycle top, long compression paints with cycle shorts over the top of them and a pair of gloves. Thing that would be enough I set out to ride from Bensville to Swansea and back. I got 600m up the road and turned around went back inside and got a cycle jacket as well. It's much friggin colder on the bike!
Rugged up I make my journey to Swansea. 63km later and I'm there and had an average speed of 27.6km at this stage. I stopped for about 15min to enjoy the view, take a couple of photos and have a good leg and back stretch.
I then made my back but going a bit more scenic through Catherine Hill Bay so some extra hills in there and around past Shelly beach. I got to Terrigal feeling tired but strong with an average speed of 27.4km and only had 12km to go from here but the hills on the way home just smashed me!
Rode 129.5km in 4hrs49min with a total of 1,245m in elevation.

After a milkshake I managed to get to the gym for a bodybalance class but my left high hamstring was sore after that and still is as I write this.

My injured shin felt great on the ride and have to pain since I finished

All in all though a great day of training

No comments: