About Me

My photo
PB'S Six foot track - 4:09 March 08 3000m 9:50 - October 09 5000m 17:25 10k 36:03 - may 2009 1/2 marathon 79:56 marathon 2:54:56

Sunday, July 07, 2013

Sunday....Orchard BBQ and Beer run

Got to Palmdale just before 6:45am and there was Mick Miles, Mark Lee, Jess Mitchell and Ian Temblett. Jess went for a ride on the road to do some hill repeats, Mick was on his MTN bike riding with us for part of the run and Mark, Ian and myself headed off on a nice easy pace. My shin was ok but I could feel it but pretty much stayed good for me until the last couple of km's and then felt tight.

We ran together until about the the intersection which is a little over 10km then I just picked up the pace slightly while Mark and Ian kept the easy pace. I got to the tar road in around 1hr20min and waited about 1min for the others then we made our way back. I pushed a little harder on the way back and all was good until the last 5km and that's when my calf/shin felt tight mainly on the uneven downhill. Mick came flying past me on his mtn bike around this time and about 3km from the finish Mark caught up to me. We ran a pretty hard pace (for my standards) for the last 2km and finished in 2hrs30min46sec for 31.8km.

We finished with some snags on a bbq and a couple of beers

No comments: