About Me

My photo
PB'S Six foot track - 4:09 March 08 3000m 9:50 - October 09 5000m 17:25 10k 36:03 - may 2009 1/2 marathon 79:56 marathon 2:54:56

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Marathon Recovery

Well it's been over a week since I've blogged. (I got lazy!)
I haven't done much running but am back into it.
I got a few runs in last week after the marathon but have had pretty tight left hamstrings. I went for my first run on the wednesday. I did that on the t'mill. Got 5k done but the hamstring tendon was sore after. I then went for a 3k on the t'mill Friday & all good. I did a couple of cycle classes that week as well. Saturday I ran Hasings road with the Trotters & the hamstring was getting sore after 5k. It was a 9.7k run. I know now withat magical thing called a Garmin!
I drove down to Wollongong Saturday arvo & meet Kerry, Charlie & Josh there in the evening. They were going in the NSW Mountain running champs. They had a 8k race up MT Burelli to do on Sunday morning. I on the other hand had a sore hamstring so no way was I going to slaughter myself up that mtn!
So I settled back with a few cold beers. It's thirty work thinking about that mountain race!
Sunday morning we headed over to the race. Well keeping with tradition we got lost getting there! & when I say we got lost I mean we got lost! But we found it.
Charlie had a magic race finishing 1st! Yep number one! Josh came in about 7th.

I then headed off to pick up my girls from Ulladulla. I stoped via Kiama & went for a 11k run. Hammie was still abit tight.

Now today being Tuesday I went to work but am now on holidays for the rest off the week. It was pissing down this morning so I went to the gym & did a hard 12k on the t'mill. Great news here as the hammie was great. I went back to the gym a bit later & did some strength work & couldn't help myself (I did another 4k run)Hammie was just perfect. Really hoping it's all good again.

Well tomorrow I'll go for another run then taking the girls Ice skating.....should be fun....Brrrrr

No comments: