About Me

My photo
PB'S Six foot track - 4:09 March 08 3000m 9:50 - October 09 5000m 17:25 10k 36:03 - may 2009 1/2 marathon 79:56 marathon 2:54:56

Saturday, August 10, 2013

walk, ride, rpm, swim...the life of an injured ultra runner!

Magic morning with the sun shining and just felt like spring without the magpies swooping!

Saturday morning and I drive down to Trotters. I haven't been there in a little while so I popped on down and while they were out running 11km I set out for a walk. I got just over 7km in the hr on a hilly course that included Charles Kay drive. I'm amazed at how quick I can walk if I put my mind to it. So much so that next week when the trotters head out on the Great north road 42km run I'm going along but will just power walk it.
After that I rode to the gym where I got a rpm class in then got on the bike again and rode around 55km from Erina to Nora Head roundabout then back to my car at Terrigal.

After all that it was then off to Mingara pool for a recovery swim. 1km in 18:08. I was going to swim 2 or 3km but my left shoulder was a tiny bit achy and the last time I pushed through the ache of a shoulder swimming I couldn't swim again for months

Again I have no pain anywhere in the stress fracture

Awesome morning of training!

No comments: