About Me

My photo
PB'S Six foot track - 4:09 March 08 3000m 9:50 - October 09 5000m 17:25 10k 36:03 - may 2009 1/2 marathon 79:56 marathon 2:54:56

Friday, August 09, 2013

Friday.......no pain running but scan says stress fracture!

So that's a bloody bugger. Bone scan shows hotspots right where I've been getting the pain which now seems to have gone. All is not lost as it could be showing activity from the bone remodeling itself as part of the healing process. I'll see Stan on Monday and see what he says. The last time I had a bone scan about 3yrs ago it showed hotspots on my pubis area which also showed up again. So with that in mind it can take a while for the hotspots to go. Anyway no pain touching the bone now or running on it which I'll stop now until I get the all clear.

Anyway I did run today. First non-stop 10km in 4 weeks and I decided that if I felt any pain at all I would stop and just walk. I got through 10km in 50min totally pain free. I stopped for a minute at 5km just to access the leg and palpate it but all was good. The only thing I noticed was tight calves.

So with that I'm happy with the way it feels.

Tomorrow I'll go to trotters and walk then get on the bike

No comments: