About Me

My photo
PB'S Six foot track - 4:09 March 08 3000m 9:50 - October 09 5000m 17:25 10k 36:03 - may 2009 1/2 marathon 79:56 marathon 2:54:56

Friday, August 20, 2010

Sat 14th....12ft track!

This was the longest I've ever run. We left Nat's place just after 6am. Keith, Nat & myself went in my car & we met Dan who only ran to the Blackrange camping ground & back & Rob who went all the way. We started at the tree. It was a pretty easy slow run down Nellies and after a few km's Dan & Keith had taken off. I just sat back running with Nat & Rob. We got to the swing bridge & it was pretty freaky crossing that. I wasn't about to bother going through the cox's. If it was a race or a boiling hot day I would've. We stoppped for a bite to eat there. I ran pretty much all the hill on the way to Caves house. I would then have a rest a wait for Nat & Rob to get to the top of them. After we crossed the rr I decided to just keep going & meet them both at Caves house. It tok me 6hrs30min to get there. Rob came in about 10min later then Nat in about another 5min. It was then we refilled our water bladders up, had some hot chips & 2 cans of coke, quick toilet stop then 30min later started making our way back.
I just power walked up the hill leading out of Caves house then just ran on my own for the rest of the way. I would only stop just to grab food etc out of my pack & every now and again I would just do a 20-30sec walk. I got to almost the end of the pluvi & I had to turn on my light. Caught up to Keith at about 12k from the finish.
I was feeling pretty good until Nellies Glen. That was the longest 2km of stairs I've ever done!
Got back to the tree about 8:40pm
6hrs30min out 6hrs25min ack with a 30min stop at Caves house. A negative split so I was happy.
Keith came in about 35min later, Rob about 2hrs later & Nat almost 3hrs later

No comments: