About Me

My photo
PB'S Six foot track - 4:09 March 08 3000m 9:50 - October 09 5000m 17:25 10k 36:03 - may 2009 1/2 marathon 79:56 marathon 2:54:56

Friday, February 13, 2009

still here!

Got a lazy with the blogging. Not the best week running. Have hurt my knee. At first I thought it was runners knee, but now think it's itb. It started sunday

Sun I went for my long run out at Mt Bouddi. This run is tough! I started at McMasters beach & ran to Putty beach & back. On my way back up to Maitland bay carpark I stopped had a drink then went along the trail. Thats when I first noticed my knee sore. Thats 14k into the run. I kept going thinking it would go away. It was getting worse going down the stairs. I was almost at Little beach & decided to stop & walk the last couple of km's back to the car. Later that day I went to the gym to try the knee out on the t'mill. It seemed ok & ran 8k. Did a cycle class after that.

Mon I did no running & knee was niggling all day

Tues I ran on the t'mill. Ran 10k in the morning.Knee was ok but tight. I the arvo I did a speed work session on the t'mill 2k easy, 1k hard (3:49), 500m easy, 1k hard (3:44), 500m easy, 1k hard (3:40), 500m easy, 1k hard (3:37) then 2.5k warmdown. Knee was ok but slightly sore

Wed Knee was sore so did a am cycle class then another in the evening. Also did body balance

Thurs just a am cycle class. Knee was better but still painfull.

Friday did am cycle again in the evening. Knee sore through the day but better after cycle.
The pain is on the attacment of the ITB to the patella. Been doing lot's of selfmassage & foam roller work & using ice packs.

Tomorrow I'm off to Temora & was going in the 5k, 800m & 1600m but now might be on the sidelines watching Jono & Charlie

No comments: