About Me

My photo
PB'S Six foot track - 4:09 March 08 3000m 9:50 - October 09 5000m 17:25 10k 36:03 - may 2009 1/2 marathon 79:56 marathon 2:54:56

Friday, May 31, 2013

Friday. Last day of Autumn with a run & a swim...yes a SWIM!

Got up just after 5am and the first thing I did was shake my leg around and see if my butt/hamstring would hurt. I tend to do weird things when I've got some niggle like do some random 5m jog in some car park after getting out of my car or do a quick run on the spot jog to see if I have any pain. People must look at me thinking if I'm some kind of crazy man who has some problem with some standing leg syndrome!

So I get up shake rattle and roll my leg and it feels ok. Then I drive to Umina Beach and head off for a nice easy 10k run. I get running and expect my hip to be sore. Nope all good there Phew! But the right hamstring is pretty tight. I think it may be from the stretch and strength session I did on it yesterday. I stop a couple of times on the run. Stretched it out after 6min. Could've kept on running but thought it may be a good idea to stretch it. Stopped a few min later to use the toilet and just as I sit down I see they have run out of toilet paper...ohhhhhh lucky I looked! I run again for about another 10min and find another toilet with toilet paper :-) then I stopped one last time about 26min into the run to do another stretch. It all felt pretty good but was better after a 2min stretch.
I got back in 49min30sec running time so I was happy with that.

Then it was off to the pool. I haven't been for a swim in months and showing my lap times it proves it! Wow I was slow....super slow! But hey I was cool with that. Only did 1km and normally I'd swim 1km in about 17-18min but today was done in 22min.

So a nice Friday training wise. I managed to get to the steamroom to relax a bit as well

No comments: