About Me

My photo
PB'S Six foot track - 4:09 March 08 3000m 9:50 - October 09 5000m 17:25 10k 36:03 - may 2009 1/2 marathon 79:56 marathon 2:54:56

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Thursday 30/05

I had most of today off work so I decided to take advantage of that and sleep in. I've been so tired the last couple of weeks and when I woke up at 5am this morning I had to have a stern word with my brain and explain to it that I NEED TO SLEEP IN! So with that said the next thing I know it's 8:45am and I got out of bed. The only thing somehow I woke up with pain in my shoulder blades that made turning my neck friggin painful!

So after getting some extra sleep I put on my shoes and headed out the door. Butt tight at first and like yesterday I stopped to stretch it after 7min then again 23min into the run and one last time 55min into it. After the last stretch it felt 100% and was running along nicely.
The run was a 21.7km loop from home in Bensville to Davidstown Via Yattalunga. It's a road run with a few good hills. Did that in 1hr43min10sec and was running about 4:10 pace in the last couple of km's

About 2hrs later I got to the gym and did a strength and core workout and again got in the steamroom.

Now as I write this my butt is ok but a bit achy and my right hamstring is what I would say "mega tight!"

All in all I'm happy with todays training :-)

No comments: