About Me

My photo
PB'S Six foot track - 4:09 March 08 3000m 9:50 - October 09 5000m 17:25 10k 36:03 - may 2009 1/2 marathon 79:56 marathon 2:54:56

Thursday, May 16, 2013

being lazy!

It's time....time for me to jot down my running again. I've got out of the habit of it since mid a
last year. One of the reasons I like to write about my running is so I can look back and see what I have done at the push of a couple of buttons. If an injury pops up I can see how I tackled that injury should it arise again. It's also good to see what I was doing in the past and I can also see how my times have slowed up as age slowly hits me.

So I think I'll start with this week so far. CRAP! but that's life. Well it's not too crap but I have a pain in my right butt and low back and it's since I did the trail race at Bobbin Head on Sunday. All that jumping, climbing stairs, falling over and those hills took the toll on my body. In quite a bit of pain Sunday night I was happy to have Monday as a rest day. Tues I did 11km from Bensville to Empire Bay and back in the morning and my hips, glute, arm was very sore. Later I did a second run but did it on the treadmill and after 8km I had enough. Pain again so didn't want to push through it.
Wednesday I got 2.5km then turned around so only 5km done and today I've just come back from an 11km easy run stopping a couple of times to stretch out my hip which makes it feel instantly better.

Lets see what tomorrow shall bring

No comments: