About Me

My photo
PB'S Six foot track - 4:09 March 08 3000m 9:50 - October 09 5000m 17:25 10k 36:03 - may 2009 1/2 marathon 79:56 marathon 2:54:56

Monday, May 27, 2013

just a niggle

So after running that 10k last Wednesday I decided to run again Thursday and again did another 10km but this time 10x3min at about 3:45-3:55 pace with a 2min recovery jog in between. Again the right glute has that niggle and I can also feel it down on the side of my right calf and a little in the back. It was ok to run with though and was fine straight after but as the day went on it got worse. I could feel my right hamstring being sore as well. It was like it was missing out on the action and wanted to join in the niggle party!

Friday I decided to rest and the same with Saturday. Well Saturday I had a first aid course and if I was going to run it would've been the 10km trotters time trial and I just felt like I needed to get some extra sleep so I decided to stay in the warmth of my doona. Plus being a time trial would mean I'd run pretty hard even if I was running easy.

Sunday I got up to run and only did about 5km. Wasn't too sure if I should keep running or just stop and go do a cycle class. The pain didn't get any worse out running and in some parts was feeling ok then it would hurt again so I made my way home and cycle classed it instead.

Today being a Monday I don't run but tomorrow I've decided to go to the gym and run on the treadmill at an easy pace, not 44-45min 10km pace but more like 52-57min 10km pace and see how that makes that hip feel

No comments: