About Me

My photo
PB'S Six foot track - 4:09 March 08 3000m 9:50 - October 09 5000m 17:25 10k 36:03 - may 2009 1/2 marathon 79:56 marathon 2:54:56

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Coming back to planet Earth

Well how does the body pull up after running 210km? It's been 2 weeks now and other than a very sore butt muscle from driving to Canberra and back yesterday for 9hrs it's feeling pretty good.
The first week after the race however was a different story.
I remember after the race being sick for the rest of the day. I did manage to eat a chicken burger that night for dinner but that was it. I had some visualization of having this massive feed and downing the beers to celebrate but nooooooo it was a 3hrs nap then just in some sort of zombie land for the next couple of days.
The next morning we started to make our way back home stopping at Maccas for breakfast. I did feel hungry so orded all this food and did manage to get though it but was me done pretty much for the day.
Now I have no idea how much weight I lost running for 24hrs but I know I did look pretty awful and not being able to eat was kinda stressing me out.
I think it was Friday food tasted normal to me again. That's 5 days of not really eating.

So after 5 days of being in some other unknown world I start to return to the land of the living.
The next day which was a Sat I had my first run in a week with the trotters. The run was Kincumber mtn. Well I start off ok but by 2km my hip flexors reduced me to a shuffle but hey not that I was bothered as it was good to be able to run. The next day being a Sunday I head off to Bobbin Head to do the Sydney trail running race. 12km. To my surprise I'm only about 1min slower than last month but last month I suffered with my asthma so that was a pretty slow run anyhow.
Then all last week I just got back into a few 11km runs a 22km run a trotters 10km race which I managed to come 6th on the hilly time trial then today I head off at 5:30am and meet up with other like minded souls for a 47.5km turned into 50km bush run.
So I'm pretty happy with my recovery I did drive to Canberra and back yesterday after the 10k yesterday and like I said my glute is pretty damn sore right now.

So hear I sit drinking a beer and listening to Gun's n Roses relaxing :-)

No comments: