About Me

My photo
PB'S Six foot track - 4:09 March 08 3000m 9:50 - October 09 5000m 17:25 10k 36:03 - may 2009 1/2 marathon 79:56 marathon 2:54:56

Friday, June 01, 2012

Thurs and Fri

Thurs
Off on a slow 21.8k. Really taking my time and making sure I don't put any stress on that hamstring. It was feeling good running slow and every now and then I caught myself speeding up to my normal easy pace and had to force myself to slow down. Ran it in about 2hrs. Pace was about 5:40km. Good news my hamstring didn't get any worse all day but I tell you what......my feet were so tired by the end of the day. I guess being on my feet from 7:30am when I started running to when I finshed work at 9pm is good endurance training!

Fri
Today I just went for another easy run without putting any pain on that hammy. 12k in about 1hr2min 5:16km pace. Still slightly slower than my easy runs.

Later had a massage that I'm glad to say was much less painful than the one last week!.

Tomorrow I'm planning a 50k-60k run at about 6min/km pace. That should put me in a good frame of mind for the 24hr and I guess it will give me an idea how my legs will feel after running nice and slow for that long. I'm hoping they will feel pretty good.

No comments: