About Me

My photo
PB'S Six foot track - 4:09 March 08 3000m 9:50 - October 09 5000m 17:25 10k 36:03 - may 2009 1/2 marathon 79:56 marathon 2:54:56

Monday, June 04, 2012

Sun and Mon 42.6 and a 5

I tell you what..this hamstring thing thats not letting me run my normal pace and forcing me to slow down is a bit of a blessing! If I was wanting to do a race like a marathon or shorter then I'd be a bit pissed but since what I'm really training for is total endurance and 6min km pace is considered fast I'm now really enjoying running long at a slow pace and still finishing quite fresh.

Yesterday (sunday) I got up and ran around the bay plus some extra and in the end it was 42.6km in 3hrs49min (5:22 pace) I was running slower at the start and somewhere there I ran into Greg Brown so I ran with him from PT Claire to the Rip bridge. I was happy how I felt in the legs since it was only the day earlier I ran 53km
Today (mon) I went to the gym to do some strength work and use the steamroom but also ran another slow run. This time only 5km. Calves were tight but other than that I felt ok. Hamstring was good but I wasn't striding out at all. I think my fastest pace was about 5:27 so pretty cruisy

No comments: