About Me

My photo
PB'S Six foot track - 4:09 March 08 3000m 9:50 - October 09 5000m 17:25 10k 36:03 - may 2009 1/2 marathon 79:56 marathon 2:54:56

Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Tues and another nice slow run

Got up and for the first time in 5 weeks my hamstring felt good! Off I drive to the gym thinking ïs this the turning point? Could it have healed through the night? Could I be back to normal running? some speed work maybe?
Well I get to the gym get out of my car and the feeling was back. Ohhh well slow running again.
I decided I want to do a cycle class to do some heart rate stuff but the stretching of the leg with the pedal was bringng on the hamstring pain. So I still finish the cycle class but will give them a miss for the time being.
After cycle I went for a run from the gym to Adcock park and did 6k on that running a nice slow pace getting use to the feeling of running slow on a track. I guess I did the first 4k about 5:25 pace then thought I'd slow even more to see what 6min k pace feels like on the track. Did 2k best I could do was 5:48 then slowed again thinking this has to be 6min or over and it's 5:53. I then made my way bak to the gym to do a bit of strength work and steamroom
23.3k done in 2hr3min (5:18 pace)

No comments: