About Me

My photo
PB'S Six foot track - 4:09 March 08 3000m 9:50 - October 09 5000m 17:25 10k 36:03 - may 2009 1/2 marathon 79:56 marathon 2:54:56

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Post GNW....Getting back into it

Well it's been 2 weeks now since GNW. It's been a tough 2 weeks too. The first week was a struggle mentaly. 2 days later after the race on Monday night my left hip went into a spasm causing pain to put any weight on it. I think it was meant to happen so I would be forced to rest my legs. Spent a good week using the foam roller, steam room, pool & a few ice baths. Sat I went to the gym and did an easy 6km on the t'mill. Felt good in that but legs were quite fatigued.
Sunday I ran 23km from Terrigal to Erina then along Avoca drive and back. Took my time and after 6km I was running ok.
This week has still been tough. Legs still fatigued alot and have been getting tired not long into each run. Tues I did a very light speed session, Wed was a really easy 8km, Thurs did easy 10k and another easy 10 on Fri. Have menatly started to feel better since Thurs

No comments: