About Me

My photo
PB'S Six foot track - 4:09 March 08 3000m 9:50 - October 09 5000m 17:25 10k 36:03 - may 2009 1/2 marathon 79:56 marathon 2:54:56

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sunday out at Ourimbah

Satyed up at mum's at Newcastle last night as I was massaging the Melbourne hearts soccer team up there until 10pm so by the time I got to bed it was pretty late. Alarm went off at 5:30am...grrrrr! but thought I gotta get up...so that's what I did.
Left Newie around 6:15am and got to Palmdale right on 7am. Was about 8-10 runners there. Mostly trotters. Ran with Mick & Ian to the hill then I just kept up a steady pace to the top. Slowed down and waited for someone to catch me. Mick caught me & we ran a nice pace to the green sign. Got there in 59:45 which was much quicker than I thought we were going. My legs were tired and that right groin was getting tight. Mick turned around there & I kept going to the tar road. Stopped for a quick stretch there then made my way back. Stopped again near the green sign just to have a quick stretch then just before the roundabout I saw Steve Guest. We had about a 5min chat which I didn't mind at all. Found the muscles stiff to get going again after stopping.
Not sure how long it took but I think we left around 7:10 and when I looked at my phone for the time (which was about 5min after I got back) it said 9:48. So I guessing it took about 2hrs35min give or take a few min.
After that I went to the gym for a stretch and to use the steam room. Muscles came good not long after that

No comments: