About Me

My photo
PB'S Six foot track - 4:09 March 08 3000m 9:50 - October 09 5000m 17:25 10k 36:03 - may 2009 1/2 marathon 79:56 marathon 2:54:56

Saturday, November 01, 2008

Marathon eve!

Ok....this is it. Tomorrow I've got the race. It's about 9:30pm as I write this & have to get up about 3:30ish. The race starts at 6:30am but I have to get on the ferry to Davenport about 4:45am. Why so early??? well they want us runners to get on the ferrys around 5am....why so early??? I have no idea!
Anyway I think I should have a good race. My goal is to do a sub 2:55. That means I need to average 4:08 each & every km. I'm hoping to go through the first 10k in sub 4min pace so under 40min. 39ish would be good, then see what I can do,
It's a hell of alot of hard work to get a marathon right. 3months & it's d-day.
Hoping the weather will be like today. It was overcast and around 17deg. I think it's ment to rain. We had some light drizzle tonight

Managed a comfortable 8.1k run today just running around Auckland city. Took my time. Legs feel really good

Later we walked on down to pick up my race gear pack. Had a look over at Victoria park markets then got on a ferry & went over to Davenport. (thats where I start tomorrow)It was like another world over there. Only 12min on the ferry but so different than Auckland.
Auckland really reminds of of Sydney only much, much smaller.

Snacked on alot of carb stuff today.......bread based stuff & had some rice with chicken & a bit of pasta for dinner.

I tried to buy some energy gels but couldn't find any anywhere....even Rebel don't have them. Finally spotted a cycle shop & had a look & low & behold they had gu gels & these lemon ones that arn't as thick. Looking at the price ($5.50-$8.50 for the gu & $2.50 for the lemon ones) I picked the lemon ones

Ok it's bloody noisy outside in the streets of Auckland & I need to try to get some sleep so I'm gunna put in the ear plus I bought today and zzzzzzz off!

No comments: