About Me

My photo
PB'S Six foot track - 4:09 March 08 3000m 9:50 - October 09 5000m 17:25 10k 36:03 - may 2009 1/2 marathon 79:56 marathon 2:54:56

Thursday, November 06, 2008

Greymouth

I got up around 7am & decided to try & have a bit of a jog. Well I'm still sore in my left hamstring so just joged/walked for 20min.
We left Nelson around 9am & got to Greymouth around 1pm.
Great trip. We drove through sunshine, rain, & snow. The snow was so cool. It's pretty cool but not freezing.
We managed to have a good look around greymouth then later we decided to go down the pub (3km away) for a few drinks & some dinner. We thought we might get a cab so we asked the reception if they could call us a cab. They did one better & drove us down there! I couldn't believe it! I tell you the people here are the best hosts! Whats even better they just said to tell the publican to ring them when we are ready to go home they will come & get us! After a few beers & a few hours later we went & had the biggest pub feed I've ever had. The locals there were more than happy to chat away with us. We got home around 9pm. Thats when the sun goes down here at the moment

Tomorrow we go down to Haast about 4 hrs away

No comments: