About Me

My photo
PB'S Six foot track - 4:09 March 08 3000m 9:50 - October 09 5000m 17:25 10k 36:03 - may 2009 1/2 marathon 79:56 marathon 2:54:56

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Thursday, Friday, Sat and Sunday. Got a bit of running done!

Thursday - Was up in Newcastle this morning and got a 10k run in 53:54. I could ffel the back but it was ok and felt ok as the day went on. It's not better but improving!

Friday - I was on my way to Canberra and stopped off at Mittagong and ran another 10k this time in 52:51. Again the back felt good as the day went on but was a little sore straight after the run

Saturday - Cold frosty morning in Canberra and I run around Lake Burley Griffin doing 16km in 1:22:35 and for most of the run I could feel discomfort in my left hip and in the last 1.5k I could feel slight pain in my back. I put my asthma puffer between my pants and spine and the pain vanished! Weird! But as the day went on the back/hip got pretty sore and was still sore at the end of the day

Sunday - Back on the coast and my back was feeling kinda normal again. Went to the gym and did the 9:15am cycle class then used the sauna where I was doing trigger point work to my gluteus medius and found that really relieved any discomfort I had.
Later I went back to the gym got on the treadmill and ran 1km pain free in about 5:30 then did another 1km faster in 4:50 with a little bit of pain at the end. Then it was yoga

No comments: