About Me

My photo
PB'S Six foot track - 4:09 March 08 3000m 9:50 - October 09 5000m 17:25 10k 36:03 - may 2009 1/2 marathon 79:56 marathon 2:54:56

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Back on track

It's been a while since I've ranted away on this thing. I guess when I have time away from running I lose the motivation to write about my training. Kind of depressing knowing that I'm forced to rest. In saying that it also gives me a chance to get more swimming & cycling done.

It's been almost 7weeks since Narrabeen and I guess I started running again 3 weeks ago. In that time I've been nursing a sore right foot. Getting better each week but it's still there. Hasn't stopped me from logging in some big km just slowing me down.

From week 2 in Feb I got 122km in and last week 146km. 47km of that was on the Brisbane water bash course last Sunday.

Knowing that I can still do the big km's gives me hope for a good run in 3&half weeks time when we travel to NZ for The Tarawera 100k

So far this week
Mon easy 5k
Tues am - intervals 3min hard 2min easy x 10 12.2km all up
pm - easy trail run from Erina Fair to Bensville 14.3k in 1hr10min

And today
AM - easy to moderate trail run around Bouddi and kincumber - 21km in 1hr57min
PM - a nice easy 10k

I must say that after todays effort my foot feels the best it's felt in ages. The one thing I've learnt though is today could be feeling great...tomorrow it could feel like crap.
Lets hope tomorrow it's feeling great!

No comments: