About Me

My photo
PB'S Six foot track - 4:09 March 08 3000m 9:50 - October 09 5000m 17:25 10k 36:03 - may 2009 1/2 marathon 79:56 marathon 2:54:56

Sunday, January 01, 2012

Beyond the black stump 2012!!!

The run today.....distance is in miles








Well its the first day of the year and what a cracking start its been!
Beyond the black stump was on the cards today. This was the 2nd time I've run this. I did it last yr not really knowing how tough that hill is. This year I knew what I was in for but it was just as bloody tough!

Went pretty comfy for most of the run but was feeling it after the ruined castle coming back up that hill. Even managed to fall and do a stunning barrel roll then get up and get on with the running again. The run down to the ferry is a great relief and to time it so I get there just as the ferry is arriving was even better!

I was with about 5 or 6 runners n the start of that hill/mtn but decided I wanted to just take my time so I let them all passed and happily walked up to the top. I remember last year feeling like throwing up but all good this year. In saying that the legs were stuffed and I don't think I could've went much quicker.

On the road to the finish and for some reason now I had dead legs so I just plodded to the end

32k done in 3hr24min. 8min faster than last year
Got to the ferry in 49min (we had to wait a while)
Top of the road hill in 1hr20min (I think)
Ruined castle in 1hr42min
Back to the ferry in about 1hr28min
Top of the mtn in jst over 3hrs
And back in 3hr24min

No comments: