About Me

My photo
PB'S Six foot track - 4:09 March 08 3000m 9:50 - October 09 5000m 17:25 10k 36:03 - may 2009 1/2 marathon 79:56 marathon 2:54:56

Friday, March 16, 2012

Lake Tarawera Ultra Eve

It's the day before the big race. I think I'm pretty ready. We flew into Auckland on Wed. Stayed out at Bucketty beach and got a nice 11.5k run in
Thurs morning got a easy 6k done in the morning then we made our way down to Rotorua. That evening we met up with a heap of other runners at the Redwood Forrest for a casual 7.5k run on some of the best trails I've ever run on. After the run they showed the Western States movie
Today being the eve of the race I just went for another easy 11k trail run through all these hot pools. Amazing running over here.
We went for a trip to the Pak and save supermarkets and WOW! what can't you buy at this place!
We also made it up the gondola and down the luge. A bit of pasta for lunch and getting my stuff together for tomorrow.
Sat in a running science seminar from Stuart Mills....(lesson - remain positive!)

Now all I have to do is try to get some sleep, wake up nice and early, relax and race 100k to the finish!

No comments: